Monday, March 30, 2009

I am a thief...

"...I've been sentenced to die for my sins. I've been put up on a cross next to two men. Man, there's alot of people out here to watch us die. What are they screaming? They're yelling such mean things at this man next to me. Wait! That's the Jesus guys I've heard about. I heard everyone was cheering for him just the other day. I've heard he's done such good, why is he on the cross next to me? I've done so much wrong, I deserve this, why does he? These people are treating him so awful. I can't believe it! Even the other murder next to us is making fun of him. We're paying the price for the awful things we've done, he shouldn't be up here. I can't believe this! I have to say something..."

Many of us have heard the Easter story, but have we actually put ourselves in the situation to gain a better understanding? This Easter, think about being in the shoes of someone related to the events. Peter, Judas, Mary, Mary Magdalene, the Thieves on the cross, Pilot, or Jesus. They're all so interesting when you think about their situations, and help you to get a better understanding of what happened. Hopefully, it ultimatly helps to grow closer to God, by becoming more in tune with the season, and the reasoning behind it.

May you all have a blessed Easter! Put yourself in those shoes. They're enlightening to say the least! Many Blessing to you all!

Chris :)

No comments:

Post a Comment