It's easy to say to someone that's having a hard time that God is there. It's so much more difficult to prove that same statement. It's hard to prove that God is there to someone when stuff's hitting the fan. Especially when things in your life are going well. People have a hard time taking advice during hard times from someone that's not having the same hard times. The crazy thing is that God is big enough and amazing enough to shine in both of those situations. God has this amazing way of showing us he's there in the great times, but appearing to help us rise from the ashes of the hard times. I have to remind myself sometimes when times are good, that they may not always be that way and to know how blessed I am in those times. I also have to remember how it feels to be in those hard times and how hard sometimes it is to see God there. I sat back on Sunday after hearing about this horrible accident in Texas City, where 1 student was killed, and many more were fighting for there lives, and I prayed. I prayed about those families, for the youth of this town that know those kids, and for myself. Why? I sat back and asked God, "How do I reach out to help these youth that are probably questioning how a loving God could even exist at a time like this?" It's not easy to prove there's a loving God at a time like this. God is so amazing that he will help us all rise from the ashes when all has collapsed around us. He is loving enough to show us his reasoning at times that don't seem like there could ever be one.
God, please help this town to feel your hand. Help TCHS to see your face and feel your love in times when it would be easy to turn away say you're not there. God I feel you in this town and know you have great things in store. Bless the families here that need you in this time of turmoil and heartache. Bless me as I'm here doing my best to prove you're still here and still caring for us. Guide me to do your will. In your precious and holy name Daddy, I thank you and I love you! Amen!
Amen, cuz. I'm so sad to hear that your community has been hit by tragedy. I hope your kids are banding together against the tide of sadness and hurt. I know this will help them.
ReplyDeleteI will be praying man. We had a wreck take two young girls' lives last summer here in Kingwood. Alot of the kids in the youth group were affected, and their faith questioned. Its amazing and confusing to see how God uses times as those to pull us closer to Him.
ReplyDelete